The Guelph Road Off-Bicycle Association (GORBA) is the largest group in Guelph dedicated to the needs of off-road cyclists. We preserve, maintain, and increase the trail network in Guelph. As a group, we can participate in discussions with other trail user groups and with key organizations such as the Grand River Conservation Authority and The City of Guelph. We also coordinate club rides and events for all ages and skill levels during the cycling season.
- Advocate for and promotes safe and responsible off-road bicycling.
- Work with and nurtures local community interest and participation in off-road bicycling by providing instruction and good examples of trail ethics and etiquette.
- Work with other interest groups to develop and improve systems for off-road bicycling.
- Develop a strong network of trails in and around the Guelph area.
- Work with officials and land managers in access, environmental, and developmental issues.
- Lead rides for all levels and organizes events to promote off-road cycling to all ages and skill levels.
- Participate in the IMBA National Mountain Bike Patrol program to assist, educate and inform trail users at Guelph Lake, as well as provide assistance at community events.
- Participate in community cycling-related initiatives related to policy, community development and recreation.